no-name-brand-kitty

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

taste testing

Mittens is still not enjoying her chicken Iams, so I did a taste test. A character from my favourite book this year, Running with scissors, ate pet food, so I figured it wouldn't kill me, but I digress. Basically I agree with her - Felix chunks, fish flavour, have a better flavour than Iams which tastes like cardboard. And Google agreed - "8 out of 10 cats don't like Iams".

I have stopped feeding her Felix today (I was giving her a few chunks to smooth the transition) and she is, luckily, smart to realise the the option of starving is much worse than eating cardboard. Shame though ... I will try Royal Canine fish flavour this weekend.

Google also gave a voice to people who believe dry foods increase health problems later ... some who believe this is another one of those capitalist conspiracies. Hmmm. check this out: http://www.catinfo.org/ Are we feeding cats too many carbohydrates? OMG. What do you think?

2 Comments:

Blogger max nolte said...

that was disssgusting eating cat food (but pretty brave at the same time)

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are a total nerd! i am lagging so hard at your research, but at the same time it shows what awesome mothering instincts you have. that was actually so cool and caring of you to do that. HOWEVER. don't know if i would be able to...

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home